||Information Technology (IT)
The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh is a government-approved non-profit, private university devoted to developing young minds to their fullest potential through the free and creative pursuit of knowledge. ULAB provides an excellent working environment and competitive remuneration.
ULAB is an equal opportunity employer. Suitably qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Director IT will be responsible for and lead ULAB's total computing needs. The position requires a vision and capability to introduce cost-effective IT solutions and infrastructure that will support the learning and teaching needs of a 21st century university. The Director top priority is to ensure high-quality IT service to students, faculty and admin. The Director should be a hands-on leader, with the ability to remain updated with emerging IT solutions and technology.
The Director IT reports to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Ensure smooth and uninterrupted deliverable of IT services, including campus-wide broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity to students, faculty, and admin
- Develop, implement and maintain plans and operating policies to ensure the growth of IT services, infrastructure, and ULAB’s university management software
- Work with staff across departments to help develop plans to support organizational development, best practice, training, user effectiveness, and encourage innovation;
- Keep up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advise on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet university requirements
- Introduce and maintain records of operating parameters and prepare reports for senior management
- Analyze the requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to senior management;
- Ensure the smooth functionality of hardware, software, and data systems
- Ability to manage change and implement new processes
- Mentor IT team members and manage their professional and skill development
- MSc/MBA or an undergrad degree in computer/IT related area from a good foreign university
- Recent professional certificates in IT-related topics
At least 10 years, with minimum 3 years in a Senior Manager or higher position.
- Proven experience as IT Director or similar role;
- Strong inspirational people management skills;
- Must have good communication skills especially in English.
COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS
- Provident fund and gratuity
- Twice a year festival bonus
- Mobile data allowance
Please apply through the following link: https://forms.gle/XYyFEknKSi6xX84X9
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Application deadline: December 8, 2021