||Center for Language Studies (CLS)
The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh is a government-approved non-profit, private university devoted to developing young minds to their fullest potential through the free and creative pursuit of knowledge. ULAB provides an excellent working environment and competitive remuneration.
ULAB is an equal opportunity employer.
ULAB is seeking to appoint a passionate, driven, and innovative individual who will lead the Center for Language Studies (CLS) effectively and turn it to the leading Center of teaching and language learning in the country. This is a leadership position, in which the incumbent will work in partnership with other offices/centers/departments within the university on a variety of strategic initiatives to support the university’s mission, vision, and goals.
The Director, CLS will report to the Pro Vice-Chancellor.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To design, schedule, allocate, and supervise the courses offered by the CLS.
- To oversee the recruitment of new ELT faculty and their trainings.
- To develop professional development courses for in-house faculties and staff.
- To design, strategize, implement and promote income generating courses such as English for Professionals.
- To introduce certificate/diploma and professional courses in both English and other languages.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communication team to promote the CLS courses in both inside and outside ULAB.
- To pursue collaborative ventures with other Language Study Centers in the region.
Preferably PhD or MA degree in English from any reputed overseas institution.
- Should have at least 12 years relevant experience in any reputed University or Language Teaching Institution such as British Council etc.
- Should have at least 5 years of experience of leading/managing a Language Study Center or supervising language program at a university level.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lead the Center for Language Studies (CLS) focusing on understanding KPIs, making plan, implementing, and reviewing effectively. S/he shall be target focused and lead the CLS with example.
- The incumbent must have a strong network with the corporate bodies and other Language study centers in the region.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. S/he should have excellent convincing and counselling skills as well.
- Ability to do market research to find out the needs of the ULAB students, faculties & staff and potential outside trainees.
- Age: Maximum 50 years.
COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS
- Provident fund and gratuity
- Twice a year festival bonus
- Mobile data allowance
Please apply through the following link:
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 21 June 2022