||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh is a government-approved non-profit, private university devoted to developing young minds to their fullest potential through the free and creative pursuit of knowledge. ULAB provides an excellent working environment and competitive remuneration.
ULAB is an equal opportunity employer.
ULAB is seeking to appoint a passionate, driven, and innovative individual who will develop the Computer Science & Engineering Department as a leading department in the country. S/he shall lead and design a modern, flexible and global standard curriculum for the Department. The Head will work in partnership with other offices/centers/departments within the university on a variety of strategic initiatives to support the university’s mission, values, and goals.
The Head of CSE Department will report to the Vice-Chancellor / Dean of Engineering School.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and design the curriculum and overall teaching environment from a modern, flexible and OBE (Outcome Based Education) focused approach to make Computer Science & Engineering Department as a leading department in the country.
- Supervise preparing SAR (Self-Assessment Report) for BAETE (IEB) accreditation.
- Ensure smooth running of the CSE department including monitoring quality of faculties and classes, creating sound environment to foster student learning and participating, on time course completion & assessment and prohibiting any unethical practice etc.
- Shall emphasize on making ULAB CSE graduates valuable in the job market, with updated technical and soft skills.
- Mentor and develop faculty members and ensure that the teaching methods are state-of-the-art.
- Institute and promote department based research activities in collaboration with the international and or the industry partners so that the research works get known and celebrated both locally and internationally.
The candidate must have PhD in the field of Computer Science or related discipline from an internationally reputed university.
- 12 years of teaching and research experience. This bar may be relaxed for the exceptional candidates having good quality foreign degrees.
- 5 years of academic administration experience.
At least 12 SCOPUS/ISI/Web of Science indexed publications. Publications with international co-authors will be an added qualification.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS
- Provident fund and gratuity
- Twice a year festival bonus
- Mobile data allowance
Please apply through the following link:
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 25 June 2022