|ACM/ICPC Programming Trainer
||Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh is a government-approved non-profit, private university devoted to developing young minds to their fullest potential through the free and creative pursuit of knowledge. ULAB provides an excellent working environment and competitive remuneration.
ULAB is an equal-opportunity employer. Suitably qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Programming contests have grown steadily in recent years. Programming lovers have a plenty of choices on what contests to attend. Nevertheless, ICPC is still one of the most influencing world-wide programming contests, attracting a huge number of people representing thousands of schools in over sixty countries.
ACM/ICPC is a world-wide annual programming contest over thirty years. As in other competitions, the result of a team largely depends on how they are trained. ICPC team training, which can hopefully help some teams improving their training process and hence then results.
The Trainer reports to the Head of the CSE Department.
- Prepare the students for ACM/ICPC regional contests and get a spot at the world finals contests
- Improving Student’s Coding Ability
- Enhancing Student’s Theoretical Background
- Efficiency in Algorithms Designing Techniques
- Increase understanding of how algorithms can be applied to solve problems; improve implementation skills and team dynamics under competition constraints
- Scheduling and planning the training sessions
- Prepare subject-wise syllabus, session, and lesson plans, keep records of what problems students cannot solve, and consult with them according to scheduled plan, trainee progress charts, logbook, etc.
- Setting up regular contests, authoring new problems
- Planning Student’s Training
- Schedule individual training: The aim of individual training is to improve individual skills
- Schedule team training: Team training concentrates on collaboration and contest strategies
- Preparing Contest materials
- In real ICPC contests, people are allowed to bring a limited amount of printed materials. All three people in a team should be familiar with these materials, and it's recommended that it is prepared by all three people rather than a single person.
TYPE OF ENGAGEMENT
- To be engaged to participate in all Inter-University Programming Contest in Bangladesh.
- To conduct weekly sessions
- To ensure learners attending classes on time, complete training, and maintain discipline.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in CSE from any reputed university.
- Experience to participate in ACM/ICPC regionals or worlds final as a contestant or as a coach
- Experience to train the students for regionals or worlds final competitive programming contests
- Experience in creating problems for online contests in UVa Online Judge and other programming contests
- Strong people skills and ability to work in teams across the university
- Excellent communication and creative writing skills (English & Bangla)
- High level of IT skills
Please apply using the following link:
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Application deadline: September 13, 2022