The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB) is an institution devoted to developing young minds to their fullest potential through the free and creative pursuit of knowledge. ULAB provides an excellent working environment and competitive remuneration. ULAB invites applications from the qualified candidates for the positions mentioned here.
Senior Research and Communication Associate cum Lecturer, Center for Enterprise and Society (CES)
The Center for Enterprise and Society is a research center at ULAB, and one of the leading research centers in Bangladesh for the study of business, investments, entrepreneurship. CES also conducts research on social issues. A CES project was recently ranked 39 globally among the World’s Top 50 Universities.
I. Core Responsibilities as Senior Research Associate:
You are expected to
- Write research papers both for academic journals and civil society audience
- Oversee survey-based research projects including data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Collaborate with industry experts, thought leaders, policymakers and subject matter experts to include their input in research publications
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to arrange seminars, conferences, and webinars
- Track research funding opportunities
- Arrange and administer online and offline events that CES organizes
- Support branding and communications through website and social media channels
- Carry out any administrative task assigned by Director, CES
II. Core Responsibilities as Lecturer:
You are expected to
- Take all necessary measures for the proper conduct of your academic duties, including preparing course outlines, course calendars, and lesson plans; conducting theoretical, tutorial, and practical classes, and any additional form of instruction, research, or counseling (e.g. field training) pertinent to the discharge of academic instruction when required or appropriate.
- Provide proper academic and professional advising or counseling to your designated advisees and to students in any of your courses. You must supervise and guide students' works and activities inside and outside classrooms. You must proactively monitor the performance and progress of all your advisees and of any student in your class. This requires being available for a reasonable number of hours per week for advising.
- Evaluate students' achievements and maintain their cumulative records.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned to you by the University.
- Full-time (Permanent Position)
- A postgraduate degree in economics, business administration, social sciences, or any related field from a reputed global and/or Bangladeshi university
- At least 3 years of experience in research at research firms, universities, think tanks, NGOs or the corporate sector
- Prior publications in reputed journals and/or articles relevant to the Bangladesh business and economic context
- Demonstrable ability in writing fluent, error-free, and readable reports in English
- Superior work ethic and time management skills
- Negotiable, based on Experience and Skills
COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS:
- Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2 (Yearly)
Please apply through the following link:
December 10, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.